|Honcho Glides Into Cat Harbor|
- Reinforced the stemhead with a chainplate and tension rod. It was originally simply bolted to the deck and had a tendency to lift when the backstay was tensioned up. At the same time I reinforced the deck in that area and extended the stemhead fitting to accommodate stowing an anchor as well as provide a tack fitting for the asymmetrical spinnaker.
- Installed an anchor windlass.
- Replaced the batteries with 2 group 31 and 1 4D Lifeline AGM batteries.
- Installed an autopilot.
- Installed a watermaker and replaced the hot water heater.
- Installed a manual freshwater pump in the galley (the boat came with pressure water only).
- Replaced a leaky, slow hydraulic backstay adjuster with block and tackle.
|Notice the gap between the stemhead and deck. There was no reinforcing structure underneath it except for a backing plate.|